This interactive workshop gives participants the opportunity develop their ceilidh calling skills, evaluate what works and what doesn’t, and discuss calling issues with other callers. No prior ceilidh dancing or calling experience is necessary!
Alison’s calling workshops usually cover:
- Learn ceilidh dance figures and consider different ways of explaining them
- Fun exercises to help you understand the importance of clear communication
- Understanding counts, and timing calls to music
- Working with bands
- Accessibility and inclusivity
- Understanding dance notation, and writing your own dance cribs
- Choosing a varied programme of dances
- Finding new repertoire
- Crowd control(!)
You can watch Alison calling a ceilidh dance here (opens in an external website).
Please contact Alison to find out more.