Quality folk music and dance tuition in workshops designed for schools, communities and festivals.
All workshops are run by Alison Rowley, with additional skilled tutors where required. Workshops can be tailored to suit your requirements. One-off and occasional workshops can be booked for anywhere in the UK (and beyond) but Alison’s regular classes and lessons are based in Bristol.
- Folk Band – for mixed ensemble with no prior folk experience required
- Folk Choir – singing in harmony and learning by ear
- Folk Fiddle – for total beginners, intermediates, or classical players wanting to try a new style
- Music Theory – the helpful things a folk musician might want to know
- Playing By Ear – for all instrumentalists who want to play without dots or join in a music session
- Shanty Singing – an inclusive, interactive workshop with scope for songwriting
- Tin Whistle – get started on a new instrument!
- Ukulele Band – a great way to get started on a musical instrument, singing well-known songs as you learn
- Calling For Ceilidhs – giving budding dance callers knowledge and confidence
- English Country Dancing – a traditional dance style with scope for choreography
- Maypole Dancing – working together as a team to make patterns with long colourful ribbons
- Scottish Ceilidh Dancing – learn about culture and tradition whilst dancing energetically!
- Tudor Dance and Music – music, dance and history all rolled together (and yes, I’ll wear a costume)
If you are interested in workshops for primary schools, you may wish to visit my site www.funschoolworkshops.co.uk for further information about how my workshops can cater to younger participants.
Please contact Alison to discuss your requirements.