Alison’s fiddle workshops can be tailored to all levels from beginner to advanced, and can focus on a variety of topics including:
- Developing good technique
- Tips for playing by ear
- Ensemble playing
- Understanding chords and harmony to create your own musical line
- Ornamentation and bowings
- Finding your own style
- Using the fiddle as an accompaniment instrument
- Absolute beginners (must bring own violin!)
Already classically trained? Experience a new playing style with a teacher trained in both genres from a young age. Learn folk ornaments and bowings, improve your improvisation and aural skills, and enjoy a wealth of new repertoire from the world of folk music.
Please contact Alison to find out more!